You’ll always know what’s going on with our organization.
Adult Mental Health First Aid
Please Note: The Adult Mental Health First Aid course consists of a 2-hours of self-paced content followed by a 6.5 hours of instructor-led training. The self-paced computer training must be completed at least 3 days prior to the beginning of the course and the 1 hour self-paced post session computer training must be completed as well in order for attendees to obtain certification. Deadline to RSVP is May 12.
Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illness and substance use disorders. This training gives you the skills you need to reach out and provide initial support to someone who may be developing a mental health or substance use problem and help connect them to the appropriate care.
What the Mental Health First Aid Course offers:
• Common signs and symptoms of mental illness
• Common signs and symptoms of substance use
• How to interact with a person in crisis
• How to connect the person with help
• Content on trauma, addiction, and self-care
The course will teach you how to apply the ALGEE action plan:
• Assess for risk of suicide or harm.
• Listen nonjudgmentally.
• Give reassurance and information.
• Encourage appropriate professional help.
• Encourage self-help and other support strategies.
Class size is limited. This workshop is open to Milwaukee County residents and those who work with them.